The chick over at Wide Lawns is having a Birthday Charity Challenge. Even though I normally couldn’t give two shits about teachers, (The number of people I know who graduated from High School unable to read makes me lose sleep at night) I’m still plugging the thing for a couple of reasons.
1. I like her site. The only criticism I have is that the font is too small for my pathetically weak eyes making it harder for me to read some of the longer updates.
2. The entire concept of giving on your birthday as opposed to throwing yourself a party and opening a stack of presents you don’t need is definitely one I can get behind.
3. I think it’s a good idea and I plan to steal it when my birthday rolls around. So I’m hoping if I plug her now, she won’t totally flip her shit when I blatantly rip her off in a few months.
So if anyone has an extra couple of dollars to spare, consider helping out Wide Lawns Birthday Charity Challenge. If she raises enough money, she’s promised to post a picture of herself in a bikini. OK, so maybe she won’t be in a bikini. But if her charity challenge goes well, then I will hold one on my birthday and my reward picture will be a picture of me in a bikini. Wouldn’t you all absolutely, positively just love to have a very revealing picture of me to ruthlessly make fun of? Sure you would, you lovely evil bastards! So dig deep and help out some people less fortunate. You’ve got to give a little to get a little.
Also, I could use a new catchphrase if anyone is interested in writing one.
- Charity Challenge Results: Week 1
- Tax Breaks and Other Questions
- Potential Prize for the Charity Challenge
- The Violent Acres Birthday Charity Challenge Begins
- Letter From West Valley Child Crisis Center